Make a Lasting Impact
The number of opportunities for good work in Latin America is enormous. Many of the communities in which LAM Canada works suffer from extreme poverty, violence or lack of essential resources and look to their local church for consistent support and spiritual care. By becoming a missionary, you will not only be spreading the good news of Jesus Christ internationally, but becoming an integral part of the lives of those in need.
LAM Canada partners with agencies all over the Americas to connect missionaries with projects and ministries throughout Latin America. Our main partner agencies are Latin America Mission USA and Latin Link International.
The process to become a long-term missionary is as follows:
Latin America Mission (Canada) Inc.
500 Coldstream Ave.,
Toronto, ON M6B 2K6
- You will receive a call to acknowledge receipt of your initial application.
- We will contact a project, church, or ministry in Latin America based on the interests listed in your application form. Once approved, you will be connected to a ministry team in the field to whom you will be accountable throughout your term of service. You will be expected to meet with your field supervisor and fill out an evaluation on a yearly basis.
- Following the initial contact, fill out and send us Part B of the Application Form, a health form, a signed copy of the statement of faith (found here) and three references. All missionaries planning to work with children and youth are also required to undergo a criminal record check.
- Once all documentation has been received, you will have an interview with our candidacy committee. In person is preferable, but we do understand that this is not always possible for our candidates.
- Once approved, you can begin your fundraising campaign and start preparing to travel! We will be with you every step of the way to support and encourage. You may be required to complete some extra theological courses or a cross-cultural orientation.
The application process typically takes between three and six months. Please do not hesitate to contact us at any point with questions or concerns.