The Latin America Mission (Canada) is hiring a Donor Relations Coordinator.
About LAM (Canada)
LAM (Canada) is a Christian organization. Our faith statement and Code of Ethics are available at www.lamcanada.ca.
The Donor Relations Coordinator processes and acknowledges donations, maintains donors’ information and preferences up to date, produces various reports, and answers inquiries from
donors and missionaries. This is a part-time position, up to 20 hours a week. This is a remote position: all work is done online and can be done from home. You will need a quiet environment to answer phone calls. Training will be provided.
Who we are looking for:
- Believer in Jesus Christ, who loves God and practices their faith.
- Have a passion for missionary work and serving others.
- Polite, with good phone manners to interact with donors.
- Problem solver.
- Reliable and able to keep confidential information.
- Very good written and verbal skills in English. Fluency in Spanish is an asset.
- Familiarity with CRM systems or the Silent Partner (SP) software is desirable.
- Basic bookkeeping skills or willingness to learn and do basic accounting.
- Computer literate and familiar with Office 365 (Excel, Word, MS Teams, file sharing, etc.).
- Willingness to learn new software when necessary to carry out the job.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with bookkeeper to ensure donations and batches are accurate.
- Updating Silent Partner/PayPal information.
- Processing donations daily in Silent Partner and maintaining the database.
- Regularly access online services (e.g., PayPal, banking services, LAM website, CanadaHelps).
- Preparing monthly and quarterly donation reports for export to QuickBooks.
- Answering missionaries’ questions regarding donors or reports.
- Assisting with producing reports and yearly donation reconciliation for auditors (once a year).
- Preparing mail or email acknowledgements (via Silent Partner software) to donors.
- Regularly contacting donors via mail, e-mail, or phone to answer questions, process requests, update information, and setup preferences.
- Opening mail, scanning, and depositing cheques or Gifts-In-Kind.
- Coordinating with other LAM staff and Silent Partner technical support to produce, process, and issue yearly electronic tax receipts.
How to apply:
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to the LAM Executive Director, Carluci Dos Santos, at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30 th , 2021.
*Any candidate that is accepted will be required to sign and adhere to our Statement of Faith and Code of Ethics.